Monthly Archives: March 2015

Wednesday March 25th


We will be changing our sailing time, starting Saturday March 28th to 7:00 a.m.

The boats have not been out in quite awhile due to the cold windy weather we have been having. The couple of days that we did manage to get out during the last couple of weeks, the fishing was very lack luster. The temps look like they are finally on the up turn, so hopefully that will change the fishing. Our next day out will be Saturday, and again we are sailing at 7:00 a.m. Our schedule going forward will be Mon., Wed., Fri., Sat. & Sun, 7:00 a.m. Be sure to give the office a call to leave us your reservation info or you can also make your reservations on-line at Just keep in mind if you make them on-line, still be sure to give us a call the day before to check weather conditions. We are all anxious for this winter to end and to get back out on the water and to fill the coolers!

March 19th

We haven’t sailed all week due to the windy weather. We can’t seem to catch a break this winter. Either snow or wind, or both. Which is the case tomorrow, March 20th, the First Day of Spring. No fishing again tomorrow. Not sure about the weekend as of this post. So be sure to call back on Friday to check the status.

Wednesday March 11th

Captain Matt reported a struggle on the cod grounds. It was slim picking every where Mike went. A fish here and a fish there but no where close to the numbers we wanted. Some more red hake seem to be hanging around. A silver hake around 10 pounds took the pool honors today. We will not be sailing tomorrow due to the weather but plan on fishing Friday- Sunday. Please call and make a reservation for any upcoming trips.

Sunday March 8th

Captain Matt reported a struggle on the cod grounds today. There was a little more life on the grounds but not the keepers we were looking for. A couple dozen short cod, some red hake and one 15 silver hake rounded out the catch. The water was a little bit warmer and there was a little bit more life on the machine so we are hopeful for the future. We are planning on sailing on Tuesday so please call and make a reservation.

Thursday March 5th

Once again most of us woke up to a new coat of white. UGH! The good news is that after this storm, we may get a break. We have to keep believing that Spring is on its way. The extended forecast looks like the temps are going up and no new storms in the near future. The Lady Frances will once again get cleaned off and be ready to sail this weekend. Be sure to give the office a call to make a reservation. Fishing last weekend was anything but good BUT this weekend is a brand new chance to get back out there. The fishing back in January and early February, before all the storms, was rather good. So hopefully the fish will start biting again.

RI fishing regulations for the upcoming season will be out soon and we will keep you posted.

Sunday March 1st

Captain Matt reported a slow day on the local cod grounds. The weather was nice but the water was very very cold. Captain Mike tried a different location then the day but the results were about the same. A few more keepers but less shorts then the day before. We are keeping an eye on the weather for the upcoming week and are hoping to find more fish on the upcoming trips. Please call the office and check on the weather for the upcoming week.