ItS amazing how much difference one day can make. Today was a very very slow day on the boat. We had a great group of anglers but the fish didn’t wanna chew. Maybe it was the east wind today but who knows. Next possible trip is slated for next Saturday and Sunday.
Captain Mike was very happy to report a good start to the blackfishing today. We sailed this morning with a light group of angler who were eager to get on the water with the nice forecast. It was about the same every drop, 1-2 keepers and some shorts. Nearly all the fish took clams as bait. high hook had a limit. 1 codfish also came over the rail. We will be sailing tomorrow morning at 7am.
We will be Tautog fishing both Saturday and Sunday this weekend. 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Plenty of room on both days. Reservations are preferred though, so just give us a call with your name, number and number of people in your party. If fishing results are favorable this weekend, we may add a day or two during the week.
No reports on squid being in the area yet, so that doesn’t look like it will start for at least another week or so.
Fluke trips are scheduled to start May 13th.
It seems like the bad weather is behind us so hopefully we have clear skies and calm seas from here on in. We know everyone, including our captains and crew, are anxious to get out there and do some fishing.
Codfishing was very good earlier in the year, but as some of you know who fished recently, the Spring has been extremely tough. The weather has certainly not been in our favor either. With the exception of a handful of days, windy and cold was the norm for most of April. We will start fluke fishing, if the reports start coming in, the weekend of May 13th. Squid will begin as soon as those reports start coming in as well.
IN THE MEANTIME, We have decided to do some Spring Tautog Fishing. These trips will be on Saturdays and Sundays, 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. by reservation. We have had some reports come in of pretty good fishing and we have had some customer interest, so we are going to give it a try. First trip will be this coming Saturday, April 29th.
Captain Mike reported a tough grind on the cod grounds. The wind never let up last night which made for a rather bumpy morning. The water temperature is still on the rise but the fishing is still cold. A small handful of cod and some cunner made it over the rail but was very tough fishing. There will be no trip tomorrow morning.
The weather looks great for the next few days and we hope to get out and get some codfish in the boat. Please call the office to make a reservation
We would like to wish everyone a very Happy Easter. We will not be fishing on Sunday due to the holiday.
Captain Mike reported another flat calm day on the cod grounds. The water temp is still on the rise. Fishing was still on the slower side but there were signs of improvement. A handful of cod came over rail. There has been more Bi-catch showing up with shorter cod, cunners, ling and dingdings on the grounds. We are planning on sailing Monday at 7am Please call the office between 2-4 on Sunday to make a reservation.
We will be sailing tomorrow morning at 7am on the Lady Frances.
Captain Mike was happy to report a nice day on the cod grounds. We are seeing more and more cod with the nice weather we have been having. The water temps are on the rise and there is plenty of bait around. More cod keepers and shorts then we have been seeing. With getting more then one day in a row in we are hopeful that we can dial in a bit more and catching will improve.
Friday and Saturday’s weather looks great and we plan on sailing. Please call the office before 5:00 p.m. to make reservations.
A side note about reservations. When you call and give us a reservation, we really expect you to show up. When you don’t, as was the case on Wednesday, the people that DO show up and our crew are the ones to suffer. Some days we only have enough to go and when you decide not to come, the boat sits at the dock. So please, if you decide for whatever reason that you can’t go the next day, please call us back. We know its been a tough few weeks as far as the weather, but it seems like things are turning around and it would be nice to get the boat out fishing a few more days before we switch to fluke.
There will be NO FISHING on Easter Sunday, April 16th.
Looks like tomorrow’s cod trip is a go. The boat sails at 7:00 a.m. and the office opens at 6:00 a.m. for ticket sales.